THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS, SPONSORS & DONORS
We would like to extend our deepest gratitude to the Dog Park Committee who have worked tirelessly for a number of years to get this park built. We would also like to thank all of those people who made financial contributions to the Dog Park which made it all possible.
All Paws & Pets Crematory
Immediate Care at Merrimack Medical Center
Vault Motor Storage
PART OF THE PACK
Bailey's Towing & Auto Body
Paul and Carolyn Belfiore
Ronald W Douville, OD
Fimbel Paunet Corp.
Horse 'n Hound PT
Loving Memory of Max Poole
Mercy Animal Hospital
Merrimack Fire Department
Merrimack Friends & Families
Merrimack Tax Associates
Merrimack Veterinary Hospital
The Pfeifer Family
Provencher Engineering, LLC
Triangle Credit Union
In addition, we have received a number of individual contributions from donors, which can be found here.
Even though construction is complete, we will continue to raise funds to further develop as well as maintain the park. If you wish to make a TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation, please send it to:
Town of Merrimack, NH
Finance Dept./Dog Park Fund
6 Baboosic Lake Road
Merrimack, NH 03054
Merrimack Dog Park at Wasserman Park
For information about Doggy playdates and other activities of the Friends of the Merrimack Dog Park, email them at email@example.com
For questions or more information, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 603-882-1046 or you can Email Us.
After a decade of planning and fundraising, the Parks & Recreation Dept is pleased to announce the opening of the new Dog Park at Wasserman Park. The Dog Park is 3/4 of an acre in size and is divided into two sections (one for large dogs and one for small dogs). The large dog area measures 91 x 208 and the small dog area is 50 x 208.
The Dog Park is located within Wasserman Park, which is located at 116 Naticook Road, Merrimack, NH 03054. The Park is open to both Residents & Non-Residents free of charge. When you pull into the Park you will travel down a short hill and take the first right. This will lead you directly to the Visitors Parking Lot and to the Dog Park which is on the backside of the visitors parking lot.
Please note: During the winter months when a snowstorm occurs, it may take the Public Works Department several days before they are able to get the Parking Lot at the Dog Park plowed out as the Town streets get first priority. The inside of the Dog Park will not be plowed or shoveled as we do not have the resources to do this and park users are encouraged to bring their own shovel with them.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR PARK USERS:
Thank you for your cooperation!
DOG PARK IS NOW OPEN!
(AS OF 12/8/16)
We currently have Boy Scout Daniel Figueroa who is in the process of building our Sponsor Recognition sign for his Eagle Scout Project and so we’re going to have a soft opening on the Park for now so it can be used, and and then once that sign is complete in a few weeks, we will hold an official ribbon cutting ceremony.
Merrimack Dog Park
Rules & Regulations
1. Users of this facility do so at their own risk. The Town will not be held liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog on Town property.
2. All dogs must be leashed when exiting and entering the off-leash area.
3. Handlers must watch their dogs at all times; no unattended dogs allowed.
4. Please be considerate of others; keep gates closed at all times.
5. No more than two (2) dogs per handler. Handlers must remain in same fenced area with their dogs.
6. Children under the age of 8 are not allowed in the off-leash area. Children 9-15 must be supervised by an adult. Handlers must be at least 16 years old.
7. All dogs must wear current license and vaccination tags; sick dogs are not allowed in the park.
8. Handlers must “Scoop the Poop” and properly dispose of it in designated trash areas.
9. No female dogs in season (heat) permitted.
10. Apparatus in the park is for dog use only-patrons should refrain from climbing on them.
11. Spike or choke collars must be removed upon entering the Dog Park.
12. Dogs weighing more than 30 lbs. are not allowed in the “Small Dog” area.
13. Dogs under six months of age are prohibited.
14. Aggressive dogs are not allowed in the park.