The Annual Holiday Parade will kick off from the Commons Shopping Plaza (515 Daniel Webster Highway) at 3:00 pm. The Parade will travel down Daniel Webster to Baboosic Lake Road. It will turn right on to Baboosic Lake Road and then turn left onto McElwain Street and end in the Town Hall parking lot in front of Abbie Griffin Park.
We will be awarding prizes for the best decorated floats. Entries will be judged on creativity, holiday spirit and connection to the parade theme. Winners will be announced during the Tree Lighting Ceremony following the parade.
1st Place - $75.00 Gift Card
2nd Place - $50.00 Gift Card
3rd Place - $25.00 Gift Card
If you are interested in being part of the Holiday Parade please fill out the Parade Registration Form. Please be sure to review the rules section of the form before starting construction of you float.
CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING INFORMATION:
The Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony will begin with the arrival of Santa & Mrs. Claus to Abbie Griffin park at approximately 3:45 pm.
Activities at Tree Lighting:
- Merrimack High School Band Holiday Performance
- Dance Performance from Broadway Bound
- Holiday Music played by DJ Darren Roy
- Hot Chocolate with Girl Scouts Troop 10762
- Holiday Cookies with Movement Christian Church
- Candy Canes from Franklin Savings Bank
- Miss Merrimack Leading "Santa Claus is coming to Town"
- Pictures with Mr. and Mrs. Claus
- Reading of "Twas the Night Before Christmas"
More information will be added to the website as it is confirmed!
Show your Holiday Spirit with your best "Whoville" Themed Holiday floats!
24th Annual Holiday Parade & Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
Sunday, December 3rd, Parade begins at 3:00 pm
"A Whoville Christmas"