The Annual Holiday Parade will kick off from the Commons Shopping Plaza (515 Daniel Webster Highway) at 3:00 pm. The Parade will travel down Daniel Webster to Baboosic Lake Road. It will turn right on to Baboosic Lake Road and then turn left onto McElwain Street and end in the Town Hall parking lot in front of Abbie Griffin Park.
We will be awarding prizes for the best decorated floats. Entries will be judged on creativity, holiday spirit and connection to the parade theme. Winners will be announced during the Tree Lighting Ceremony following the parade.
1st Place - $75.00 Gift Card
2nd Place - $50.00 Gift Card
3rd Place - $25.00 Gift Card
If you are interested in being part of the Holiday Parade please fill out the Parade Registration Form. Please be sure to review the rules section of the form before starting construction of you float.
DOWNLOAD THE PARADE REGISTRATION FORM
2017 HOLIDAY PARADE LINEUP: (as of 11/30/17)
- Merrimack Police Dept. Honor Guard
- Merrimack Police Dept. DARE Car
- Merrimack High School Band
- Miss Merrimack Scholarship Program - Brook Mills
- Miss Greater Nashua & Miss Greater Nashua Outstanding Teen
- Broadway Bound
- Merrimack Cub Scout Pack 401
- Victoria Lapointe / Horse
- MYA Softball
- Merrimack Cub Scout Pack 424
- Merrimack Girl Scouts
- Launch Trampoline Park
- Merrimack Cub Scout Pack 525
- Santa & Mrs. Claus
- Merrimack Fire Department
CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING INFORMATION:
The Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony will begin with the arrival of Santa & Mrs. Claus to Abbie Griffin park at approximately 3:45 pm.
ACTIVITIES DURING THE TREE LIGHTING:
The following organizations will have tables setup with giveaways and information.
- Girl Scouts Troop 10762 will be giving away Hot Chocolate
- Movement Christian Church will be giving away Holiday Cookies
- Franklin Savings Bank will be giving out Candy Canes
- Macaroni Kid will have information about their upcoming programs and events.
- Merrimack Parks & Recreation will be handing out information about upcoming winter programs and events.
TREE LIGHTING ITINERARY:
- Holiday Music Playing with DJ Darren Roy - while we wait for Santa’s arrival.
- Miss Merrimack Brook Mills – will sing “Here Come Santa Claus” as Santa is entering the park.
- Broadway Bound to performing the song "Celebrate"
- Merrimack High School Marching Band Performance.
- Santa will then count down to the Christmas Tree Lighting with the help of the audience.
- Parks & Rec Director will announce Float Winners.
- Candy Cane Hunt with Macaroni Kid.
- Mrs. Claus invites the children to gather around the bandstand as she reads “Twas the Night Before Christmas."
- Santa and Mrs. Claus invite everyone to form a line and come to meet them. Parents are welcome to take photos.
24th Annual Holiday Parade & Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
Sunday, December 3rd, Parade begins at 3:00 pm
"A Whoville Christmas"
Merrimack Parks & Recreation
DISCOVER - EXPLORE - CONNECT