OUTDOOR SKATING RINK RULES
Merrimack Skate Park Rules:
1. Use of safety equipment such as helmets, knee pads & elbow pads, wrist supports and proper shoes is strongly recommended. All users are responsible for providing their own skateboards and safety equipment, and for ensuring that they are maintained and in good working order. Users must wear shoes at all times.
2. The park is CLOSED between dusk & dawn and/or at the discretion of the Parks & Recreation Department. Trespassing when park is closed is prohibited.
3. In the event of rain, the park is automatically closed until the surface has dried.
4. No makeshift items or modification to existing equipment is allowed. This includes home built and other unauthorized equipment.
5. Please dispose of all trash that you generate into available trash containers. A clean park is a safe park. Do not litter.
6. Be considerate of fellow skaters, especially those who are younger or less skilled. No foul or abusive language is allowed.
7. Do not proceed down ramps until it is clear. Serious injury may result from being hit by a skateboard, falling or colliding.
8. Keep all food & beverages in the picnic area and away from the skating surfaces. No glass containers allowed inside the skate park.
9. This is a drug, alcohol and tobacco free facility. This rule is for the health & safety of all park visitors.
10. Skate park is monitored by the Merrimack Police Department.
11. The Merrimack Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to close the facility for any circumstances deemed necessary and also to restrict entry to the facility for those who do not obey the park rules.
In case of injury or other emergency call 911 or 424-3774.
For questions contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 882-1046.
IN CASE OF INJURY OR OTHER EMERGENCY, CALL 911 OR 424-3774
USE OF THIS FACILITY IS AT YOUR OWN RISK
The Town of Merrimack is not responsible for any injury or accident incurred during the use of this skate park. NH RSA 507-B:11
For questions or to report a safety concern, please call the Merrimack Parks & Recreation Department at 882-1046.
MERRIMACK ICE SKATING RINK
The Ice Skating Rink is open to the public, (weather permitting) seven days a week from sunrise until 10:00pm, with the lights on from 4:30pm to 10:00pm. This rink is free for the public to use and is maintained by the Merrimack Public Works Department and also by a group of dedicated volunteers. Dedicated volunteers will groom the ice on Monday, Wednesday & Friday evenings. On these evenings the rink will be closed to skaters at 8:30 pm. Current conditions will be posted on the Public Works and Parks & Recreation “Facebook” pages. For questions, call the Public Works Department at 423-8551 or Parks & Recreation at 882-1046.
Ice Rink Update: 3/12/18
The ice skating rink is officially closed for the season.
MERRIMACK SKATE BOARD PARK:
IN MEMORY OF MICHAEL L. FLERRA
O'Gara Drive Recreation Area
The O'Gara Drive Recreation Area is located on O'Gara Drive near the intersection with Baboosic Lake Road. It is directly across the street from the James Mastricola Upper Elementary School. This recreation area features basketball courts, a Skateboard Park and seasonal outdoor ice skating rink.